Badass Delvers of the Dragon
Last updated 5th September 2015
@Donald_Petersen @daneel @uphill @steampunkbanana @bizmail_public
@gwwar @penguinchris @othermichael @ratel @funruly @messana
@Donald_Petersen - SssubTerryNeon the Lizard-Man
- Goddamned Dirtyfighting Raider (4)
- retractable dewclaws, modest collection of poisons, complete lack of hesitation
- Dino-Steed Jockey (3)
- rides a somewhat runty and foul-smelling mutant stegosaur, prodigious payload capacity, slow and clumsy tail-swinging attack, surprising conversational skill, answers to “Stegma.”
- Sensory Augmentation (2)
- Mancer-sourced and –installed Mining Helmet and Infra-red Goggles, sees slightly better in the dark than aboveground, contrast setting might make Precursor artifacts easier to spot, if only this thing worked at all. With its utterly flat battery, it’s basically nothing more useful than a pair of blue-blocker sunglasses… unless something happens to improve matters down the road…
- Ex-Mercenary (2) (GM's Choice)
@daneel - D'Melzaa the Lizard-elf
- Charismatic Raider (4)
- cutpurse, fingersmith, handy with a stiletto in a tight situation
- Gift of the gab (4)
- disarmingly charming con artist, scoundrel, always sharply dressed
- Compulsive Gambler (2)
- Armchair General (2) (GM's Choice)
@uphill - Silas "Grunter" McAskill the Human
- Unstable Squaddie (4)
- Bowie knife; brass knuckles; crazy eyes
- Canine Companion (3)
- Accompanied by a pack of semi-wild dogs (and a strong doggy smell); poop scoop; old tennis ball
- Action Archeologist (3)
- Bullwhip; fedora; leather satchel; athletic; no actual knowledge of archaeology
- Psychic (2) (GM's Choice)
- Knows when to hold em, knows when to fold em; magic 8-ball; sensitivity to bad vibes
@steampunkbanana - Lorenzo Romano Amedeo Carlo "Avo" Avogadro di Quaregna e di Cerreto, Moleman
- Miser Fixit (4)
- Iron hammer, rock chisel and a clever eye for figuring our how to hold a tunnel "for a while, at least"
- Tinker, Tinker, Tinker, Tinker (3)
- Idle hands are the Devil's Things playthings. Why does everyone say that around me?
- Was It Two Lefts? (3)
- If I built it, I won't get lost. Too bad I didn't build everyplace we're going. And if I don't know the way, my self confidence will let you think I do.
- Potion Dealer (2) (GM's Choice)
- A pouch of ground herbs, saucy sauces, and a few powders for various occasions, first one's free, man.
@bizmail_public - Sir Jeremy Axelrod Pholcain Bentham the Fourth, aka "Bent", Trading Journeyman Mancer, Human (mostly)
- Principle Artefact (4) : Surprise Powders.
- Between the Tinned Gods of Ustoret House, Uncle Glompf's experiments, and my own work with unusual soils, I have an uncommon ability to make dry powders do interesting things. Often in loud or flashy ways. Sometimes.
- The Deal Network (3)
- My family network is extensive and far-ranging. No matter where I go, some old family contact might turn up to pitch a Deal.
- Portentous Strix (2)
- That owl sees more than the rest of us. Her comments are cryptic, cautious, caustic, unkind, and usually unwanted. Ignore her at your peril.
- Unemployed Actor (2) (GM's Choice)
@gwwar - Renli the Human
- Traveling Scholar - (Raider of Knowledge) (4)
- Knowledge is power, and as a steerswoman it's Renli's duty to catalog all that she sees, and to share it freely to anyone who asks. She's fluent in multiple languages and is a merchant's dream when needing an odd hand to help out with the ledgers.
- Dirty Fighter (3)
- Wandering the land alone has it's dangers. Renli was trained in the basics of sword and bow, but when going against a lizardman twice your size, fighting nice is not an option.
- Fanciful Cartographer (2)
- A needed skill when wandering in new lands. Good maps also fetch a fair price on market. She leaves doodles of animals she sees in the margins.
- Terrible Poet (2) (GM's Choice)
Is Deep, Dark, and Dank
Filled with creatures
Of unpleasant features
And you should always carry a match
@penguinchris - Con Hổ Nguyen aka Hoa (pronounced “hwa”), Human(…?) Engineer
- Structural Geologist (4)
- Intuitively understands subterranean structures, both natural and otherwise, and geometry. Pocket transit (geo compass), basic rock hammer/pick.
- Stealth Pirate (3)
- Super-sneaky. Does not require shadows, but they help. Silent shoes (…sneakers). Eye patches for increased night vision. Pirate sword. Can’t handle alcohol very well, actually.
- Non-Human Whisperer (2)
- Can communicate, rudimentarily, with non-humans (especially cats). Anti-static - fur does not stick to clothes. Feather on a stick.
- Undercover Agent (2) (GM's Choice)
@othermichael - Rackett Palaeologus Wynkyn al Wathiq, Beeman Mancer
- The Sound of Music (4)
- How do you solve a problem like an antiquarian musicologist? Theory, practice, performance and reproduction - these are a few of his favorite things. Perhaps a bit deluded as to others' appreciation of same. Possesses a working spring-driven hand-crank device that makes an unholy racket has hella sweet grooves (see below).
- Saturday Night Fever (3)
- Mad dance moves - high kicks, back bends, boot-to-the-head, JAZZ HANDS.
- Angry Young Man (3)
- Prone to flying off the handle and thinking he's uniquely qualified to explain everything wrong with the world. Can lend a hand to dance-fighting.... until he gets too mad to be a slave to the rhythm. Due to his hive-upbringing he enjoys working with others. As long as they like to listen to music. And aren't ignorant peasants.
- Priest (2) (GM's Choice)
@ratel - Shmu-el Franc, Elven Raider
- Ladies Man (1)
- There’s some genuine charm there...but he’ll happily work with pity. (extensive wardrobe, although largely loud shirts)
- Old LCMC (Lakes, Caves and More Caves) Captain (3)
- He’s got the moves, the training and the experience, when he can drag his body out of retirement. (standard issue survival knife, large crossbow, a few pieces of light, concealable armor, field kit)
- I Have a Foolproof Plan (3)
- He’s a pretty clever strategist...and occasionally clever enough to get himself out of his own messes. (variety of infiltration devices, from lockpicks to a forgery kit)
- I Know a Guy (3)
- Whatever you need, he knows a guy. He may also be avoiding that guy because of a bad debt. And he may not remember that part. (an extra beer)
- Cyborg Killing Machine (1) (GM's Choice)
@funruly - Tunnelweed, Dwarven de'Engineer
- de'constructive Engineering (4)
- Fancies a bit of the Molotov Ellocet. Good at making, not fixing, a hole.
- Follicle Spectacle (4)
- Being covered in whiskers makes one good, good, good at picking up vibrations.
- Pokehair Face (2)
- The lack of visibile body language makes Tumbleweed nigh inscrutable to most social creatures.
- Contortionist (2) (GM's Choice)
@messana - Red the Mooseman Squaddie
- Monster Hunter (4)
- I don't have three chords and the truth, but I do have two axes, a heavy crossbow, a net, and other tools of the trade. Honestly, they seem slightly more effective.
- Erstwhile Naturalist (3)
- charcoals, quills, and heavy book bound in the skin of something almost recognizable. A talent for recording details both anatomical, behavioral, and empirical.
- Taxing Taxidermist (2)
- flasks of unguents and other strange substances - tools for embalming, debalming, and rebalming - 'skilled' in the preservation of bodies and parts.
- Visitor From the Future (1 or 2) (GM's Choice)
- You've somehow travelled back in time a certain number of years. Maybe you noticed, but maybe you haven't... yet?