My Screen name is Glutnix and my first name is Brett. Here’s the different ways you can contact me, in order of preference:
- Email – my first name at webfroot.co.nz
- Twitter – glutnix
- Google Talk – glutnix
- Skype – glutnix
- .mac/iChat – glutnix
I used to be available on these old things:
- ICQ – UIN: 8473626
- Jabber – my screen name at jabber.org.nz
- MSN – weednix at hotmail.com (note: not checked for mail)
- Yahoo! Messenger – glutnix
- AOL IM – buddy name: webfroot
- Gadu Gadu – 1689539
Nothing personal, but I get a lot of random chatters. A LOT. If I’m feeling especially friendly, I’ll chat with you. If I’m busy or don’t want to talk to a random, I’ll send you a standard disclaimer:
Automated message: If you are talking to me because you wish to practice English, or just want a random person to chat to, it’s nothing personal, but sorry, I already have too many friends like that, and not enough time. If you really do want to talk to me, read my IM Caveat at https://inner.geek.nz/about/contact-me/#caveat
For what it’s worth, I have a quick key for sending this.
If you want to talk to me:
- Email me first. Make your enquiry, say what you need to say, and if you have a question, tell me your IM details. If I think IMing you would be better than emailing you, I’ll make first contact.
- Make your first message meaningful. Messages like “hi” or “hello” will be disclaimer’d.
- Introduce yourself first. It’s kinda like you’ve come over to me at a party, I’m probably busy talking to someone else.
- If you have a question, ask it. Don’t ask “can I ask you a question?”, because that’s just stupid; if it’s a short question, just ask it. If it’s a tough question, ask “Do you have a moment?”
- Please try to use good english spelling, grammar and punctuation. That said, if English isn’t your first language, do your best.
- Txtspeak or IMspeak (e.g.: “how r u?” etc.) will make me want to punch you, unless you’re a good friend and we’re having a laugh. Standard acronyms and emoticons are fine, but not to excess.
Follow the above, and you’ll drastically improve your chances of me talking to you.